1.Lifting the Sky (Holding the Hands High with Palms Up to Regulate the Internal Organs)
Activates the San Jiao (triple burner) – The fascial network that connects and regulates the Qi in the three compartments of the trunk of the body.
The upper compartment contains the respiratory organs
The middle contains the digestive organs
The lower contains the urogenital and gynecological organs.
Increases the flexibility of the neck and shoulders.
2. Archer (Posing as an Archer Shooting Both Left and Right Handed)
Stimulates the lung meridian and the energy along the spine.
Develops muscles of the lower limbs.
3. Pat the Dog, Carry a Tray aka Separate Heaven and Earth (Holding One Arm Aloft to Regulate the Function of the Spleen and Stomach)
Stretches the abdominal cavity. Massages the spleen and stomach.
Improves spine flexibility and stability.
4. Wise Owl Gazes Back (Looking Backwards to Prevent Sickness and Strain)
Helps the Yin organs: Kidneys, Liver, Heart, Spleen, and Lungs.
Combats stress brought on by excess Fear, Anger, Joy, Worry, and Grief.
Stimulates the spine.
Strengthens the neck and eye muscles.
Improves circulation to the neck and brain.
5. Swinging the Head (Swinging the Head and Lowering the Body to Relieve Stress)
Relieves stress of the heart.
Increases flexibility of the spine.
Strengthens and increases the flexibility of the muscles of the neck, waist, abdomen, buttocks, and hips.
6. Hands Down the Back (Moving the Hands Down the Back and Legs, and Touching the Feet to Strengthen the Kidneys)
Strengthens the kidneys and waist.
Improves function of the urogenital system by stimulating points along the spine.
7. Punching (Thrusting the Fist with Glaring Eyes to Enhance Strength)
Stimulates the liver,
Enhances strength and vitality.
8. Tiptoes (Raising and Lowering the Heels to Cure Diseases)
Stimulates channels along the spine and feet.
Develops the calf muscles and feet, increasing balance.
Improves blood and inner energy circulation.
Consolidates the energy and settles it in the Dantien (Sea of Qi – your Qi battery pack)